This weekend I got quite a lot done on liboca, mainly working on the network stack, and the basic implementation of OCP.1, which is the TCP/IP-based protocol for OCA (There is room in the OCA standard for other transports). Anyhow, at one point, my unit tests broke in a suite of tests that tested code … Continue reading The value of valgrind
My first ever audio plugin
I've been procrastinating working on the OCA library project that I've started, so I ended up writing a really naive distortion plugin. It works as a LADSPA, LV2, VST (untested) plugin, or as a standalone application (as pictured above). I used the DISTRHO Plugin Framework which is how I can target all the platforms. It … Continue reading My first ever audio plugin
Towards a cross-platform C/C++ dev environment
As you've probably read in my recent posts, I've been getting involved in the linux audio community. I've discovered that I really like linux - especially the concept of a system-wide package manager, I wish Windows had one that everybody used. What I miss is Visual Studio. I really can't overstate the hit my velocity … Continue reading Towards a cross-platform C/C++ dev environment
To share or not to share…
So, I'm gradually working towards making a simple fighting game, using my Kinect as the input sensor. I think initially it'll be one person punching a punching bag, then two people competing, and then probably some sort of computer controlled AI which looks at your pose, and chooses the right pose/move accordingly (although since I … Continue reading To share or not to share…
All those things I’ve been talking about…
Well, I finally got a really rough prototype going of some C# code making my sandbox engine create a renderer and attach it to a .NET window. Here's a screenie...
.NET Class Wrapper coming along
I've been embedding mono into my game engine, and decided that what I needed was a code generator to generate C++ classes which wrap .NET classes that exist inside the sandboxed runtime. I've decided on StringTemplate for the templating side of it, and after trying to write a template without first knowing what the class … Continue reading .NET Class Wrapper coming along
Progress with Mono!
So today I spent some time building embedded Mono into my game engine (if you can call it that, it's pretty skeletal so far). It's pretty poorly done at the moment (design-wise), but I can execute code from a .NET dll within my application. What I didn't realise until just now, was that the mono … Continue reading Progress with Mono!
Finally worked out my problem with Windows Events
For a while now I've been trying to use Windows Events as my logging framework, but I have suffered from one seemingly fatal problem: if my application terminated unexpectedly (thus ungracefully), my session was left open, and I was seemingly unable to stop it or re -enable providers against it. This was beginning to make … Continue reading Finally worked out my problem with Windows Events
Success with Mono at last!
I have been trying (I use this term loosely, since I've probably only spent a slightly long working day on it), for a couple of weeks now to write a C++ application which spins up an embedded Mono runtime environment, and executes some C# code - my aim being to write a game engine which … Continue reading Success with Mono at last!
A Quick and Dirty tutorial on Event Tracing For Windows: Part 1 the Event Trace Session
[EDIT 4 September 2010] Thanks to David M for pointing out an error in my code. When starting an ETW session you should pass in the session name not the log file name. See the correction (in bold) in the LoggingController::Start member function below. [/EDIT] So, Windows Events, its the new Logging API for Windows … Continue reading A Quick and Dirty tutorial on Event Tracing For Windows: Part 1 the Event Trace Session